Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Champions


I heard from Ayako that she won Japanese National Champion for the third time, and our friend Masumi won second! Look how rad her kit is–I admit to coveting it.

Meanwhile, I won the somewhat less prestigious honor of Rhode Island State Champion (there are no other Elite women in the state to challenge me). As promised, I celebrated my victory at the HUB's annual holiday/cyclocross party with a bottle of fancy champagne. Once again, the HUB outdid themselves: the taqueria provided a copious buffet of their renouned tacos, DJs Isaac P. Gertman D.D.S. and Micah Jackson spun the whole room into a dance party, and Peter severed intoxicating espresso from his fabulous shiny copper machine.

3 comments:

  1. It was fun to see you race Sat! I posted a couple of pics of you on my blog, so feel free to save copies for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of like how I won first out of town during the Provide Rouge Isle alleycat series?

    ReplyDelete