Sunday, December 2, 2007

Ain't no Party like an East Coast Party

I'm looking forward to racing and partying on my home turf this coming weekend. I plan to win Rhode Island State Champion at the W.E Steadman Gran Prix of Cyclocross on Saturday. Considering that I am the only Elite woman in the state, I've got that one in the bag.

I'll celebrate my victory that evening at the HUB's annual holiday/cyclocross party–enjoying superior food catered by Taqueria Pacifica, while DJs Micah Jackson and Isaac P. Gertman D.D.S. (in town from NYC) play their jammin'est jams. There's been a lot of talk at Fort AwesomePants (my house) about what fabulous outfits to wear, and Jesse usually dons a 3-piece suit: I dare you to outdo us! (Don't worry: schlubs and smelly bike punks are welcome too).

Sunday, you can catch me racing off a Veuve Clicquot hangover at the NBX Gran Prix of Cyclocross. Both races will be hosted in Goddard Park, and offer free Narragansett beer–for spectators as well as racers! This is the final weekend of the New England Verge series, and the end of the season for most anyone not attending Nationals. Woot!

I just finished a run of 50 posters commisioned by NBX for their race. Here are some shots of the process.

4 comments:

  1. Comment. Comment.

    Dood I'm totally commenting on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those posters are great, along with the one for nationals, stellar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rad posters! Not sure if I'm gonna be around for that race. I'll let you know if we're heading down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. me want posters... NBX and nats ones...

    ReplyDelete