Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Days Fly By

My new bike will be built, Dan will come home, and cross season will arrive as the leaves turn colors and the evenings become chilly. It seems perverse to wish for summer to pass quickly, but I'm eagerly awaiting autumn.

My training now is focused towards upcoming races in Rhode Island: the NBX and COX crits in less than two weeks. A few days after those, I'll fly to Florida for a week's vacation--if chasing Dan's wheel can be considered a vacation. These days will pass quickly.

While I easily get wrapped up in the excitement of competition, I'm trying to keep my cross season goals in sight, and not get sidetracked by road races that aren't important to me. After too many lonely miles on the road, and the ensuing boredom, riding in the woods is renewing my enthusiasm for training. Pedaling through the trees doesn't feel like training--it feels like fun.

Today my teammate Steph joined my friend Lynn and I for a cross ride in Big River. Hilarity ensued. Here's Steph taking a rest in the little graveyard we discovered. Check out more pictures on her Flickr page.

No comments:

Post a Comment