Sunday, June 24, 2007

Ninigret NBX Criterium


With attacks starting early, this crit was lively. In spite of a strong wind--strong even for this notoriously windy course--and a field of only fifteen women, riders started making moves right away. We had a staggered start with the Men's 4 field, and about halfway into the 40-minute race they passed us. Two ladies [illegally] used the mens field to block them from the wind and the rest of the women, and made an attack. The Inependent Fabrications women managed to organize the rest of us into a rotating pace line, and then with a strong jump from Silke (for Anthem) we caught the break with only a few laps to go. Silke made the winning break, and the rest of us finished together. As usual, I think I started my sprint a little late. Nonetheless, I'm happy with 6th place--one upgrade point and $20. I think most of the top five were cat. 2 riders.

If I stick to the pattern I've established so far this season--finish 5th or 6th, then 10th or 11th, then 5th or 6th, then 10th or 11th--then I should be teetering on the edge of a top 10 at the Cox Crit today. I'm intimidated: this race will be fast.

My mom is in town this weekend. Yay! She was very camera-happy, so I have lots of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment