Friday, November 30, 2007

A Dozen Reasons to Procrastinate


Cupcakes last week, muffins this week: I take breaks from drawing and cycling to warm up my house by baking. As I write this, a tasty aroma radiates from the oven. A scruffy starling seems to peer in hopefully from his perch on an orange-leafed tree outside my window. If only he knew that it's nearly as cold in my drafty old house as it is outside!

For weeks I've neglected my blog; I've been too busy living–and baking–to write about it. Briefly, I will update my readership on posters, bicycle racing and sweets.

ON POSTERS
I've been overwhelmed and flattered by the response (and links) to my posters! They 2006 edition that I printed with Dan has sold out. I will have 2007 posters for sale at the upcoming Rhode Island Verge weekend, and at Nationals if I make it. Otherwise, I will ship them for and extra $10, and take payment ($30 total) by paypal to hannahheartattack@gmail.com for as long as they last! Thanks for supporting my bike-racing and art-making!

ON RACING
Chesire 'Cross presented an opportunity to boost my ego: the big guns were away racing the GP in New Jersey. The course wound through the sort of rooty woodsy trails that I am terrible at, but love to ride. I finished 3rd–winning some nifty stuff and $50 (the largest payout I've received!)–then cheered on the boys. Santa Claus and other spectators were getting seriously silly (and wasted) on the run-up!

Sterling was cold. Again, some of the top racers were away, this time at a World Cup. A good opportunity for mediocre and newbie Elites like myself to finish in the points/money (Verge races pay 15 deep for women). I felt unfocused in the race and found my mind wandering towards grocery lists and party outfits. But when I realized I was in the bitch spot, 16th, that put a fire under my saddle. I finished 15th, wining my first ever Verge point. Then I drank a lot of beers (to replenish my glycogen stores).

ON SWEETS
I'll keep making them until the weather is consistently above freezing.

No comments:

Post a Comment