Thursday, November 15, 2007

Off the Race Course: Into the Studio

Unemployment is unleashing a spell of prolific creativity. In the undefined period between jobs, I'm driven to accomplish as much of my own work as possible while I have the time. Last week I left my bike alone for the most part, and put my nose to the grindstone on unfinished projects. I screenprinted 80 editions of a 3-color poster. I sewed a wool skirt (just in time for the weather to turn unseasonably warm again), and finished constructing a life-size crow--with feathers cut from discarded bike tubes--that will be part of a new window display at the HUB.

Considering how great I felt at the training race last night, a little time away from cycling must've done my riding some good too!

Here are some pictures of works in progress.








1 comment:

  1. Such a creative use of old bike tubes! I love the crow. What did you use for an armature, also what did you use to stick on the 'feathers'?

    ReplyDelete